Refund

Bee4555
New Community Member
Hi, are there chances that I will not receive the refund on pending status? I need to make a new payment to this seller, but the refund he made is still on pending status. How can I check or how would I know all of this to ensure I won’t do a double payment?
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Bee4555 

If your refund status is pending, it means the transaction was refunded before it cleared your bank, or the seller issued the refund using money from their bank which has not cleared yet. This process takes 3-5 business days to complete. Once the process is completed, the refund will be credited to your bank account. If you initially paid for the transaction with your credit or debit card, the refund will be credited to that card within a week, up to 30 days.

The only way to know is wait for the status to change to "Refunded".

Here are a few common refund statuses you may see:

• Pending: The refund is still processing from the sender's payment method. It usually takes 3-5 business days from the date the refund was issued for it to be completed and credited back to the original form of payment.
  • Refunded or Partially Refunded: The refund is complete. The money has been credited to the original form of payment.
  • Temporary hold: The transaction was refunded before it has cleared your bank. It'll take 3-5 business days for the money to clear your bank, and then the refund will be credited to your bank account.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.