Refund

Damain_12
New Community Member
I had an issue with the sale, and the buyer wants their money back. I try to issue a refund but it says there isn’t enough money. Just want to know if I have to have that exact amount of money that is being refunded in my account?
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Damain_12 

Refunds are normally sourced from either a paypal balance OR bank account (some countries differ).
However you need to have the full amount of the refund in your balance for that option to be used.

As paypal no longer return the fee you were charged when your buyer paid then you may not have the full amount and so your bank account will be used instead.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Damain_12 

Refunds are normally sourced from either a paypal balance OR bank account (some countries differ).
However you need to have the full amount of the refund in your balance for that option to be used.

As paypal no longer return the fee you were charged when your buyer paid then you may not have the full amount and so your bank account will be used instead.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.