Refund

Becky2010M
Contributor
Contributor

I was meant to send a partial refund but accidentally sent the full refund. I don’t have enough funds in my PayPal or bank account what do I do?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Becky2010M 

The refund will be canceled if funds can't be gotten from you to fulfill the refund. Then you will need to send a refund as a payment probably at your earliest convenience when you have the funds as you already used the refund option within the original transaction.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Becky2010M 

The refund will be canceled if funds can't be gotten from you to fulfill the refund. Then you will need to send a refund as a payment probably at your earliest convenience when you have the funds as you already used the refund option within the original transaction.

Login to Me Too

Becky2010M
Contributor
Contributor
@sharpiemarker will I be notified if my refund has been cancelled? If so how long will it take?
Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Becky2010M 

Both parties will be notified. Should take the same amount of time as a regular bank transfer (3-5 or 5-7 days depending on the bank).

Login to Me Too

Becky2010M
Contributor
Contributor
@sharpiemarker so will any money be taken from me? Or will my account be frozen? I’m not sure what to expect next
Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Becky2010M 

Is this a dispute case? 

PayPal will make a few attempts to get the money from your bank to fulfill this refund. If not, the refund comes back as "Cancelled". If it puts the PayPal balance in the negative, then you owe PayPal and the usual consequences of having a negative PayPal balance occur. If not, then when you have money in your bank account or in your PayPal balance because someone sent you money to give the refund, then you can issue the partial refund as a separate PayPal payment. Just make the partial refund payment from the send & request tab, it's that simple. If you do not restore your balance, within a certain amount of time, then PayPal will freeze your account and if necessary, put your account into collections.

Your bank may charge you overdraft fees or NSFs, if you have no money there to fulfill the refund.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.