Refund

mnishi96
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, I have just made a payment to a company, Cabonadi.de.  I sent this payment via "sent payment for an item" and PayPal has asked me for a receipt.  The seller was not happy that I did it this way because he does not want to pay the receive fee and now is wanting to cancel the transaction.  I can see that the money has gone out of my account, and within an hour of this transaction, I want to cancel this... how can I do this?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Martina
Administrator
Administrator

Hi @adityapathak,

Thank you for your post and welcome back to the Community Forum!

In general, if the payment has been completed, you would not be able to cancel it. However, if you paid for 'Goods and Services' as it seems, you would be covered in case you do not receive the item. IF this happens, you can file a dispute for an Item Not Received. If the seller does not collaborate, you can escalate the dispute to a PayPal claim within 20 days. Please note that you can only do so after 7 days from the date of the purchase. 

For future reference, I would recommend always using the option 'Goods and Services' and the option 'Friends and Family' would not be covered in case you do not receive the item. More information here

I hope this helps!

Martina 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.