Refund

ER123
Contributor
Contributor

Hey I'm having some problems with refunds, a recent onw which I will give a few days as it was only issued today, but another one from last month. It was only £3.31 however its not showing up in my wallet and hasn't been transfered to my bank account either. How do I get it? It's showing up on summary in green but I just don't understand where it has gone. Thanks guys if you can help

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ER123

Have you bought anything and paid for it via paypal since the refund should have gone in??

The reason i ask is that if you have funds in your paypal balance and then buy something then paypal will sometimes take from those funds rather than from your normal funding source eg bank account or card.

To check go and click on the word "details" next to any paypal buying transactions 'around' the time of that refund and see if they were funded from your paypal balance ie refund rather than your normal funding source.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ER123

You need to say how you FUNDED that paypal payment to the seller in the first place ie which funding source did you use.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

ER123
Contributor
Contributor
Well I have my bank account linked aswell as my debit card. However the bank account is first so I'm assuming it's that one that is being used. l've read all this about times it can take, and that CC payments go straight back on to the CC and DC payments go straight back into bank account. I'm talking about a refund that was issued last month, so theres been plenty of time. It's just not showing at all in my paypal wallet or on my bank statement. Thanks again
Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ER123

Have you bought anything and paid for it via paypal since the refund should have gone in??

The reason i ask is that if you have funds in your paypal balance and then buy something then paypal will sometimes take from those funds rather than from your normal funding source eg bank account or card.

To check go and click on the word "details" next to any paypal buying transactions 'around' the time of that refund and see if they were funded from your paypal balance ie refund rather than your normal funding source.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

ER123
Contributor
Contributor
That is what has happened. Thankyou very much for solving this mystery for me. You have a been a great help. Thankyou.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.