Refund

Gerard2112
Contributor
Contributor

Why did PayPal take money out my bank account as a direct debit when I didn’t even set up a direct debit with PayPal , I want a refund

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Michelle

Hello @Gerard2112,

Welcome to the Community and thank you for your post! On nearly all bank statements, most purchases and any "add money" to a PayPal account balance will show as a Direct Debit. This doesn't mean that a reoccurring payment from the bank has been created, just that a transaction has been initiated from the PayPal account using the bank on file. There will be information for this transaction on the account's Activity Log. 

If you believe that your PayPal account has been accessed without your explicit authorization or you did not add your bank to PayPal for use, at your earliest convenience, please change your password and security questions by following the steps listed here: https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/how-do-i-change-my-password-and-security-questions-faq14...

Then, please open the transaction itself and click to report a problem at the bottom of the transaction details. From there, you can report it as unauthorized and open a claim. 

I sincerely hope this helps and if you need any assistance, you are more than welcome to contact our support teams by following the Help & Contact link at the bottom of the page, or you can also reach us on Facebook or at @AskPayPal on Twitter. 

Thank you again!

Michelle

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.