Refund was sent to a closed Lloyds bank account

GraceDouBao
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

I purchased something from Apple with my old Lloyds debit card via Paypal on 03 December 2020. Then, my bank account (debit card only, no credit card) was closed on 18th December 2020. Later, I returned my purchase and Apple issued the refund on 28th January 2021, which has been completed according to the transaction record. I did not get the notification letter as I did not update my new address after moving house, which means the date I knew my account was closed was on 20th January 2021. I contacted Lloyds asking them if they can send the refund via cheque, however, they claim the money would never go to my closed account as it has been closed for more than a month. I contacted a Paypal assistant, she asked me to ask Lloyds to get the money. My questions are:

(1) How would I get the refund back? Will it bounce back to the Paypal balance?

(2) As the refund was recently completed, should I wait for a few days for Lloyds to process it? They may find it as the unallocated fund after some time and send me the cheque?

Any help will be gratefully appreciated.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.