Refund uncompleted order

Boheturm
Contributor
Contributor

I purchased a very specific $350 laptop from a seller that was well reviewed, and they proceeded to wait more than a week to tell me they couldn't complete the shipment of said laptop because PayPal was "reviewing their account." They also told me to feel free to get a refund except my transaction had already gone through with PayPal, and I did not yet have this account. I specifically made this account to try and get my money back. As far as I can tell, I'm supposed to ether contact the seller and have them initiate the refund which I have tried to do, and which it seems they willingly chose not to do, or to start a dispute. I am having great difficulty with the PayPal customer support number and would really like some help.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Did you sign up for PayPal account via "Save My Information" link in your PayPal email receipt? Once you do, you can view your all your transactions in your account’s Activity page at any time. Do you see the computer's transaction in the Activity page? If not, you may need to call your call the card you paid with to do a chargeback which will be unfortunate for the seller's PayPal account because they would be assessed chargeback fees. Even if their account is being reviewed, they should be able to handle refunds on transactions. They just can't send, receive, or withdraw money.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Did you sign up for PayPal account via "Save My Information" link in your PayPal email receipt? Once you do, you can view your all your transactions in your account’s Activity page at any time. Do you see the computer's transaction in the Activity page? If not, you may need to call your call the card you paid with to do a chargeback which will be unfortunate for the seller's PayPal account because they would be assessed chargeback fees. Even if their account is being reviewed, they should be able to handle refunds on transactions. They just can't send, receive, or withdraw money.

Login to Me Too

Boheturm
Contributor
Contributor
I made my account with the link I the email but it was only prompting me to create an account and I don't have the information on my account
Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Then contact your card company to raise a chargeback on the transaction.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.