Refund to new bank account?

Ruby26
Contributor
Contributor
Hi, I have recently returned a parcel that was paid for using PayPal. I however have just changed bank accounts and would like my refund to go into my new account instead of the one used to make the original purchase. I have just spoken to someone on live chat who told me that if I remove my old bank account that my refund will automatically go to my new bank account, however it won't allow me to remove my old bank account?? It has let me add my new debit card to my account but won't allow me to add my new bank account either?? Anyone got any idea why I'm unable to remove my old account please?
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_Jae

You're very welcome, @Ruby26

I truly apologize for the misinformation.

- Jae

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

fazlurrahman
Contributor
Contributor

PayPal_Jae

Hi @Ruby26,

If a purchase was initiated with your bank account, it can take up to 3 - 5 business days for the payment to completely clear. Once the transaction is fully processed within PayPal's system, you will be able to remove your bank account. 

I would like to clarify that once you receive the refund, it will not automatically go to your new bank account. A refund must go back to the original funding source that was charged, even if it's removed from your PayPal account. I apologize if this causes an inconvenience. Here's more information about our refund process.

- Jae

Login to Me Too

Ruby26
Contributor
Contributor
Hi, thanks for your reply. It seems I was given incorrect information by the person I spoke to on the PayPal 'chat' as I was told I could remove my old bank account even with pending transactions and also that my refund would go to my new account upon doing that.
Login to Me Too
Solved

PayPal_Jae

You're very welcome, @Ruby26

I truly apologize for the misinformation.

- Jae

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.