Refund to my Bank Account: How Long Does it Take?

aerobica
New Community Member

I ordered something from Best Buy using Paypal, but cancelled the order within a an hour when I found out it wasn't available. Best Buy charged me the amount. My Paypal account shows that it was refunded to my bank account on the next transaction. The original charge came through on my bank account, but the refund has yet to show up. How long does this typically take? The payment says "REFUNDED" on Dec. 4th, but still nothing has come across to my bank account. The amount is not in my Paypal account.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

Ryan196
Contributor
Contributor

Same situation I’m in the now. I purchased a product off of the Microsoft store and have been charged the original amount from my bank. PayPal and Microsoft on their status pages are saying they have refunded me but I don’t see it in my account yet. Did you ever get that refund? I know this is an old post but on the off chance anyone gets this.

Login to Me Too

baldry66
New Community Member

Hey - did you ever resolve this? I too am having the same issue. @Ryan196 

Login to Me Too

Ryan196
Contributor
Contributor

Yeah, I got it resolved with speaking to one of the PayPal staff. Apparently if you link your bank to your PayPal account it takes up to 10 days for a refund to go through instead of the usual 3-5 days if you had your debit or credit card linked to your PayPal. My refund appeared in my bank so it did work out in the end.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.