Refund to deleted account

Louise56
Contributor
Contributor

Hey I’ve just received an email about a refund but at the time of purchase, it was a different PayPal account and different Bank Card Number due to a recent renewal. Does anyone know what happens now? I have a new PayPal account now but it isn’t linked.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Louise56

If the old bank card and the new bank card belong / ed to the SAME bank account then there shouldn't be a problem and your refund should go back to that bank card / account.

Paypal say allow 30 days but i have never waited longer than a week BUT that depends on what country you are in.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

Manny171
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

@Louise56

Forget that Refund it's gone!! 😂

I'm telling your it's gone because that account no longer exist Paypal is not touching that.

sorry I responded to a similar incident the other time.

word of advice? don't change accounts too much it don't look good. & now you have to take that refund? as a LOST.

it's all up to the person if they decide to send you the Refund to your New accnt now but I doubt they will unless you can prove you are that of the old account but it's up to the (Refund person) & not PAYPAL.

Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Louise56

If the old bank card and the new bank card belong / ed to the SAME bank account then there shouldn't be a problem and your refund should go back to that bank card / account.

Paypal say allow 30 days but i have never waited longer than a week BUT that depends on what country you are in.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Louise56
Contributor
Contributor
That’s what I’m hoping. I used my Card not my PayPal Balance so it should go straight back into my bank account as the two cards are from my account it was just renewed due to expiry. I think I panicked last time too because it took a while to deposit into my account. Here’s hoping! 🤞
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.