Refund to credit card needed - customer doesn't have a paypal account

amdellaway
New Community Member

I have a customer who has paid for her order through Paypal, as a guest - using her credit card only. She did not set up an account and nor does she want to. The problem is, her item was not in stock so we refunded it through our Shopify store. Refund is meant to return to the customer the same original place the funds came from... HOWEVER, the customer has received an email saying it has been refunded to her paypal account balance.... which she does not have and does not want to activate just to get this refund. She wants it back on her credit card ASAP. But the funds are no longer in our account so I can't do anything about it from my end. Has anyone had this happen where it says it is in Paypal Balance but in fact does go back to their card eventually after processing? In my merchant account it does say completed refund though..... Who should I contact to get this sorted out?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Dian

Hi @amdellaway

Thanks for asking your question in our Community. If a customer has used a guest payment the money should indeed be refunded to her card. 

If the money has been refunded to a PayPal balance the customer can contact us as we can send the money back to the card again. 

As you have refunded the payment you have done everything correct.

Please advise the customer to contact us so we can help them, Thanks. 

Dian 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.