Refund to balance but cannot use

Ak47shays
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

I made a purchase using a credit card and was refunded $12. The refund is showing under my balance as $12. 

When I go on ebay to purchase an item, it is was taking the money out of my credit card and not the paypal balance.

Under manage currencies, it is showing me that USD is my default currency.

Under wallet, it shows that currency available USD = $0 and available MUR= RS400, Total in USD = $12.

I have tried exchanging the currencies but I am getting the following error:

Sorry — your last action could not be completed
If you were making a purchase or sending money, we recommend that you check both your PayPal account and your email for a transaction confirmation after 30 minutes.

If you came to this page from another website, please return to that site (don't use your browser's Back button) and restart your activity.

If you came from PayPal's website, click the PayPal logo in the upper-left corner to return to our home page and restart your activity. You might have to log in again.

Does anyone have an advise on how to proceed with this? I cannot make purchase with the paypal balance and the money is just sitting there.

Is there a way to resend the funds back to the credit card?

Thank you.

Akshay

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Ak47shays

Usually refunds normally go back to cards if you funded the payment to the seller that way, are you sure its actually showing in your balance?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

mike443
Contributor
Contributor

Same thing has happened for me, somehow two of the three refunds went to the paypal balance account, the other went to the card used. Shows the same "currency available USD = $0 and available GYD= 8964, Total in USD = $41.33 and gets the same error, "sorry your last action could not be completed" when trying to convert GYD to USD. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.