Refund to a deleted account

NJenkins1
Contributor
Contributor

i made a payment (which was probably a scam btw) via F&F (idiot) and the person is suggesting that they will refund.  Co-incidently I have switched bank accounts during this time - so the linked account that I paid from is closed. The person is saying the refund is not going through. Could it be that I cannot be refunded now. I have linked another account - but assumed this money would simply go to my balance

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Martina
Administrator
Administrator

Hi @NJenkins1,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Community Forum!

In general, when a refund has been issued, the money will go back to the original funding source. If the payment was completed with a card, the funds will be reversed to the same credit or debit card. In this case, it usually takes 5-7 working days, but it may take up to 30 days for the money to show on your funding source. If the payment was originally funded from your PayPal balance, the amount will be returned to the balance and if your bank account was used, the money will be refunded to that bank. Even if the bank account has been closed, the amount would still be refunded there, and your financial institution will be able to recover the amount and transfer it to an active financial.

The fact that the bank account has been closed would have no impact on the ability to issue a refund on the seller's side. I would recommend reaching out to them again requesting a refund.

I hope this helps.

Martina. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.