Refund to a cancelled debit card

aissa2417dibaga
Contributor
Contributor
I recently bought an item on ebay, through a paypal payment linked to my debit card. A few weeks have gone by, and I have requested a refund for my initial payment, due to unsatisfactory complications with said item. However, in between the purchase period and the refund, I lost my debit card, and was forced to cancel it and apply for a new one (New debit card, still tied to the same bank account). I have updated my new debit card details with paypal, but I forgot to remove my former debit card details. I just received the refund transaction details on my paypal account today, and according to the statement, the funds have been transferred by paypal to my "credit card", followed by the number of my cancelled debit card (The original card used to make the purchase). The funds are not showing up on my bank account. What I would like to know is, will Paypal automatically credit the funds to my bank account, or are there some technical details that I have to go through to retrieve my money? Is it just a case of waiting it out, or do I need to contact my bank?This is my first enquiry since I'm fairly new to Paypal, and I apologize in advanced if my question seems petty. 😞
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@aissa2417dibaga 

As long as both old and new cards belong / ed to the same card ACCOUNT then it should go through fine.

Once issued it goes back to your bank automatically, paypal say allow 30 days but I have never waited longer than a week.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@aissa2417dibaga 

As long as both old and new cards belong / ed to the same card ACCOUNT then it should go through fine.

Once issued it goes back to your bank automatically, paypal say allow 30 days but I have never waited longer than a week.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

aissa2417dibaga
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you so much. I’m happy now!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.