Refund time length

tmpmpt
New Community Member

My money was refunded from the seller on 3/14 but I don't see it in my account yet. Does anyone have an idea how long it takes paypal to put my money back in my account??

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@tmpmpt 

If you funded the original Paypal payment to the seller with a card then it won't go back to your paypal balance.

Once marked as completed it will automatically go back to your card. Paypal say allow 30 days but I have never waited longer than a week for mine, however that varies country to country.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Michael

Hi, tmpmpt. Welcome to the PayPal Community! @kernowlass is correct about funds returning to a card. PayPal issues refunds right away when the money is in our System, but card issuers may take up to a full billing cycle to post a credit to a statement.

In addition, PayPal recently made changes to the way money is refunded, and payments funded by a bank account may also be sent back to the bank. If that's not possible for some reason, the money will be deposited to the balance and remain there. Money will go back to a PayPal account balance if the funds for the payment originally came from the balance.

You can find all the details related to how refunds are credited by going to https://www.paypal.com/smarthelp/article/how-is-a-refund-credited-faq1083. I hope this is helpful. Thanks for being a part of the PayPal Community!

Sincerely,

Michael
PayPal_Michael

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.