Refund stolen by PayPal!

Filtran
Contributor
Contributor
On 22/11/18 I paid €189 on Ebay via PayPal. The payment was taken from my VISA card that day. I then returned the item, with the seller’s agreement. He issued a refund on 6/12/2018. The refund now appears on my transaction list as “refunded to PayPal balance”, even though it should have been credited back to the Visa card. But this amount was never credited to my PP balance, which is 0, and any payments I have made since then have also been drawn from my VISA Card. I have filed a claim with PayPal but they have ignored it. Can anybody help please Thank you
Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

angelleye
Advisor
Advisor
How long ago did the refund happen? Did you check your credit card account? You're correct that it should refund back to the card. It says "to PayPal account" because you used PayPal to pay, but your funding source was the credit card, so that is where the refund would go.

This could take 3 - 5 days to show up depending on the bank(s) involved.

Angell EYE - www.angelleye.com
PayPal Partner and Certified Developer - Kudos are Greatly Appreciated!
Login to Me Too

Filtran
Contributor
Contributor
Like I said, refund issued by seller on 6 Dec 2018. Of course I have checked my bank statement, the €189 was originally debited from that VISA debit card on 22 November but never credited back to that card/account. What should I do?
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Filtran

Paypal say allow 30 days for refunds back to cards.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Filtran
Contributor
Contributor
That may be true in backwards banking countries like India and the USA, but in France and the UK, current account and Visa transactions are respectively 24 hours and instant. And If that were the case, my statement should say “refund pending” rather than Credited to PayPal balance...
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.