Refund says refunded, but it also still says pending until January 18th

xodidar
Contributor
Contributor

I refunded a buyer earlier, the initial transaction (the refunded purchase) is titled "Purchase from --" and labeled as "Refunded", and the money was taken from my bank account today. the problem is that there's another separate 'transaction'? in my activity for the same transaction titled "refund to -" that's labeled as "Pending until January 18th". is it going to refund the buyer twice? I don't understand any of this. furthermore, I was anticipating that the funds would be taken from me on the 18th, not today; so I didn't have the sufficient funds in my PayPal balance which means the money was taken out of my bank account today instead of it being taken out of my PayPal in 5 days like it says/said it would

**I just checked my funds, and it turns out I did have sufficient funds in my PayPal, I dont understand why it took money from my bank account instead?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@xodidar

No it is not double refund. one transaction is to denote you made a refund. The other is denote a refund came out of your bank account. When the funds are deducted from your bank account, the bank doesn't notify PayPal of this, nor does this means that PayPal has the funds. It takes time for the funds to go through clearing houses and bank interchanges because it is using the cheapest method ACH and doesn't not fly through the air via wifi. Can't explain why it took funds from your bank account when you had funds in your PayPal balance though.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@xodidar

No it is not double refund. one transaction is to denote you made a refund. The other is denote a refund came out of your bank account. When the funds are deducted from your bank account, the bank doesn't notify PayPal of this, nor does this means that PayPal has the funds. It takes time for the funds to go through clearing houses and bank interchanges because it is using the cheapest method ACH and doesn't not fly through the air via wifi. Can't explain why it took funds from your bank account when you had funds in your PayPal balance though.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.