Refund "complete" but didn't receive any money

limecarbajosa
Contributor
Contributor

On April 24, 2021 I had sent $9.35 to another PayPal user and it was refunded to me. It says on the transaction history that the refund was "complete" and was sent to my MasterCard, but I did not receive any money. Nor any notification from my MasterCard's email provider. Nothing. Didn't get my money back.

Can't contact PayPal about it, I've tried multiple times contacting a live agent but it says there are "no customer support agents available", and on their phone- it is hard to synchronize due to time zone difference and they are not entertaining me because again, none are available. I am trying to see where I can contact them via email about this. Please help me out if you know how to.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@limecarbajosa 

Simply keep an eye out for the refund on your card account. It can take a week, up to 30 days for your card issuer to post an issued refund.

As per PayPal:

Where is my refund sent to?

How your money is refunded depends on how you made the original payment.

• If you paid with a credit/debit card, the money is refunded to your card. If the card you paid with is closed or invalid, please contact the issuing bank, as the money will still be refunded to your credit card account. Refunds to credit/debit cards usually takes 2-5 business days, however it can take up to 30 days depending on the card company involved.
  • If you paid with PayPal balance, the money is refunded to your PayPal balance. After you have received the refund, you can withdraw money from your PayPal balance to your bank account or use the money for future purchases through PayPal.
  • If you paid using a credit/debit card and your PayPal account balance, the amount paid by the credit/debit card is refunded to your card. The remaining amount is refunded to your PayPal account balance.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.