Refund query: Funds Paypal Balance

CJV28
Contributor
Contributor

I issued a refund for £240 yesterday. My PayPal balance was £92.

The refund has still been sent but it is 'pending'. I added the difference in balance to my PayPal account in the hope it would clear the funds straight away.

It hasn't. Is it a case of just waiting and it will take the funds from my PayPal balance or, because I didn't have enough at the time of issuing the Refund is it being processed through my Bank and fee will go out my bank? 

Thank you! 

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@CJV28

Refunds are taken either from your paypal balance OR bank account.

If you didn't have enough in your paypal balance to refund the FULL amount then it will take the whole amount from your bank account.

You will and the buyer will have to wait its transfer before she is credited. (5-7 working days).

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@CJV28

Refunds are taken either from your paypal balance OR bank account.

If you didn't have enough in your paypal balance to refund the FULL amount then it will take the whole amount from your bank account.

You will and the buyer will have to wait its transfer before she is credited. (5-7 working days).

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

CJV28
Contributor
Contributor

@kernowlass

Thanks, so there's no need for me to have my PayPal Balance at the amount for the refund? I should just make sure its available in my bank?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@CJV28

When you click to refund, paypal will take it from your balance if there are enough funds, otherwise they will take it from your linked bank account.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.