Refund pending

katef1
New Community Member

Hi all - 

I'm new to PayPal and I'm a bit confused, please help!! I've messaged PayPal directly but still haven't had a reply. 

I made a purchase through PayPal which was taken 2 weeks ago, half the order arrived and was damaged so I refunded at the store - this was done 6 days ago and the refund still says pending on my PayPal account. The rest of the goods never arrived but I have still been charged - the store says its the courier's issue. 

What can I do and is it right the refund still hasn't cleared??  

Many thanks, 

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@katef1 

Pending refunds can only happen for two reasons.

1. The seller has issued a refund from their bank account which takes time to process.

2. You funded the payment to the seller using bank transfer. What PayPal do here is credit the recipient on your behalf (so there is no delay in despatching your item). Then if you receive a refund in the meantime they are unable to issue this until the original bank transfer completes.

https://www.paypal.com/us/selfhelp/article/i-want-a-refund

However even if its the courier that doesn't deliver it should be the store that sorts it out with that courier to get you a refund.

If they refuse then start a dispute for item received but not as described ie part refunded only for part order and rest not received.

If for any reason you are not successful then tell the store if you are not refunded you will take them to the small claims court.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.