Refund payment

deanveale
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I made a payment for an item about 2 months ago and the the item didn't arrive. So I immediately requested a refund as I did ask Paypal if I was covered with thier "Buyer Protection Act" which they said I was. It has now been 35 days since Paypal said the refund was paid and i still have not received anything? I've messaged them about 20 times and they keep coming back with the same message saying I must wait up to 30 days etc .... It's now way over 30 days and nothing.

I don't know what to do anymore, surely I've covered under the Buyer Protection Act and paypal have to refund me? )It was $999Screen Shot 2020-03-30 at 09.00.38.png

The refund says it was paid then all of a sudden it's now got a cross through the refund and saying it's cancelled.

Paypal then also closed the dispute without my consent so i can't re-open it again ???

Can anyone help me please .... I seriously can't believe a company like PayPal can't help me at all???

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

PayPal_david

Hey @deanveale

Welcome to the Community!

I'm sorry to hear that you have been experiencing difficulties with a refund that you were due to receive from your PayPal account. Depending on how the original payment was funded, there are different ways that the refund can be credited. You can find more information on this through the following link: https://www.paypal.com/smarthelp/article/where-is-my-refund-faq1212.

If your funds have still not appeared at this point, I would advise you to reach out to our customer service team through the Help & Contact page on PayPal, and we can initiate a trace on the funds for you.

I hope this helps.

David.

Login to Me Too

deanveale
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the help David....Much appreciated.

But I've tried everything to contact Paypal and I send them messages nearly every second day and still nothing gets done.

It's been nearly 2 and half months and I still haven't received the refund I've been promised by Paypal and the seller.

I just get the same message back every time saying the refund will take 5 to 30 days to clear ..... It's like it's just an automated response that they just send !!

I've never been so frustrated before .... I've used PayPal for so long now and never had a problem. It seems they have really gone backwards recently ...... This is such a simple transaction to sort out, I can't see how this can take so long????IMG_3855 2.PNG

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.