Refund on return shipping costs is impossible if you payed for return with PayPal.

Eslem
Contributor
Contributor

I have activated Free Shipping on PayPal items before.

I have to return item purchased from The Good Guys via eBay recently.

eBay suggested me to use ParcelPoint and suggested me to use PayPal to pay for return label.

So I have a transaction in PayPal showing me paying ParcelPoint.

I have email from ParcelPoint with Australia Post shipping label showing whatever The Good Guys put there - I believe it's a person in The Good Guys warehouse who is responsible for processing returns but nothing on the label says "The Good Guys".

When I try to claim refund on return shipping via PayPal it is asking me to upload a return shipping receipt.

If the document uploaded doesn’t show how much it cost to return the item, you can also upload the receipt showing return shipping paid.

Since I payed with PayPal I don't have a classic paper receipt - I have PayPal transaction and I have email from Parcel Point saying "Tax Invoice" somewhere below return instructions.

I contacted PayPal support and asked them what proof I have to upload.

Surprisingly I was told I have to provide paper receipt only. I was told email Tax Invoice is not acceptable.

The person I was talking to (Francis from PayPal) told me the fact I used PayPal to pay return shipping makes it impossible to request a refund on return shipping costs.

What???

It is almost like violating the terms of Free returns on PayPal... 😞

Did I make a stupid mistake and used PayPal to pay for return shipping?

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.