Refund on hold NO WAY TO communicate with refunder

chandlesticks
Contributor
Contributor
What do I do Someone refunded me, is on hold and there is NO WAY to communicate with the person that refunded me. Messaging PayPal has not been helpful
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@chandlesticks 

• Temporary hold: The transaction was refunded before it has cleared your bank. It'll take 3-5 business days for the money to clear your bank, and then the refund will be credited to your bank account.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@chandlesticks 

Looks like the person sent your refund as a payment, as if they are buying something, instead of issuing a refund within the original transaction.

Mark the transaction as shipped and then ask the sender to "confirm receipt" to release funds.

Here’s how (These options may not be available for some countries):

To mark transaction as Processed:

1. Click Activity at the top of the page.

2. Find and click the transaction.

3. Click Add Tracking Info button.

4. Select an Order Status: Processed

To confirm receipt, ask sender to:

1. Go to Activity.
  2. Find and click the original payment for the item.
  3. Click Confirm receipt.
  4. Click Yes to confirm that you received the order.

Note: Not all purchases require receipt confirmation.

If the sender is not responding because you can send email to the email address in the transaction details, just mark the transaction as Processed and then wait for PayPal to release the funds within 21 days.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

chandlesticks
Contributor
Contributor
I shouldn’t have to wait the 21 days if I can’t communicate with the sender. Can I take off the delivery confirmation on the order? I even tried making the shipping label my neighbors house.
Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@chandlesticks 

• Temporary hold: The transaction was refunded before it has cleared your bank. It'll take 3-5 business days for the money to clear your bank, and then the refund will be credited to your bank account.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.