Refund on a deleted bank account - not the one I paid on!

Andrew178
New Community Member

It seems like my refund is being made as difficult as possible to get back into bank account. After waiting for a refund for a considerable amount which was well overdue and 'in transit', I have now found that it has been repaid to a totally different bank account than the payment came out of in the first place  - refunded back to an account I closed with the bank  3 years ago. It appears the account used has been SWITCHED by someone, because the when I made the payment it came out of the regular account I use, which is confirmed on the bank statement for that account.  No way to contact paypal directly or speak with an advisor. Taking this to a different level if I don't hear from them very soon. 

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Elloisa
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @Andrew178 

All refunds will be sent back to the payment method of your original payment. Money should be refunded in the currency you originally selected. If we're unable to refund you in the original currency, or your primary currency, you'll be refunded in US dollars (USD).

Here's some more info: https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/where-is-my-refund-faq1212?app=searchAutoComplete

You can reach us through our live chat support for further assistance.

To contact us:

1 Log on to account

2. Click HELP at the top menu.

3.Scroll down and click CONTACT US.

4.Scroll down to click EMAIL US or other contact options.

Regards.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.