Refund on Limited account

ilightstar
Contributor
Contributor

Hi guys,

I've received a refund from paypal on 18 dec which in turn leads to my account being limited on the 23 dec. I contacted paypal regarding this, and they said my account being limited doesn't affect with the refund as they do not hold refunds, and also since the payment is made with my credit card, it would just be refunded there. 

Recently, I got an email from them saying that the amount has already been credited successfully to the credit card as well as a reference number to relay it to my bank so that they can trace/locate the refund. I did just that and the bank said that they were unable to trace the refund. Now, the bank asks me to provide a proof of refund with the timeframe intact, which I contacted Paypal and they said they will not be able to provide me any documents as my Paypal has been permanently limited(180 days).

Any idea what should I do at this point? Would love any advice from Paypal as well as the community.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ilightstar 

If you funded the original payment to the seller from your bank account or a card then once marked refunded it will automatically go back to that bank account or card. Paypal say allow 30 days although its normally much quicker than that, country dependent.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

ilightstar
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for your input!

Transaction was shown as 'refunded-complete', so i assume thats what you meant. It'll be 30 days in a week, so i'll just have to wait till then i guess! 

Also, paypal seems to have refund the payment to the credit card the day i asked the bank to make a replacement card due to unauthorised transactions. Do you think the reason that it has yet to been received by my bank is due that?

I called both Paypal and my bank and they both said that it wouldn't be a problem, but since the refund and replacement of the card is in such a small timeframe, i assume it might have caused some technical issues.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ilightstar 

As long as both old and new cards belong/ed to the same account it should be ok.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.