Refund of payment without account

otellotello
Contributor
Contributor

Hi there,

I have paid for a service (parcel shipping) using paypal. It was a one off payment for which I didn't log in into my account. I think it was a guest payment?

Anyway, I used the same email address I have on my actual paypal account but I paid with a card which is not in my paypal account.

I properly received the payment confirmation email but I cannot see the transaction in my paypal account (as it was a guest payment and I didn't login). Now, I'd like to open a dispute to ask a refund for this payment, but I cannot do this from resolution centre as I can't see the transaction, the messaging is not enabled, on the phone the only options available is selecting a recent transaction (which I don't have) and I cannot find an email address anywhere.

Anyone able to help? Thanks!

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@otellotello 

If you need to open a dispute for a 'guest buyer' transaction then you can.......

1. Phone Paypal customer services and see if they will open one for you (difficult at the moment due to covid)
OR
2. Contact your card issuer for a chargeback.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

otellotello
Contributor
Contributor

@kernowlass I tried phoning but it's only automated voice.

How is my bank gonna issue a refund? I don't think they deal with this sort of things? Am I wrong?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.