Refund of Pre Authorisation

leleg16
Contributor
Contributor
Hi Everyone, I hope someone can help me make sense of the situation, I’m going round in circles with no sign of my money coming back to me. On 1st Sept I ordered glasses to try on at home. A pre authorisation of £531 was taken. I returned the glasses (no purchase made) and was told on 15th Sept my pre authorisation was cancelled and the ‘held’ amount would show as a credit amount on my bank account. The moment the pre authorisation was made the amount was deducted from my balance. At the start of this week PayPal said yes the pre authorisation was cancelled and to wait 10 days from the 15th for this to reflect on my bank account. Today is the 25th, and the amount is still not showing. I’m a bit of a geek and keep a note of my bank balance on a daily basis and debits/transactions so I know I’ve been short £531 since placing the order on the 1st Sept. I’ve called PayPal again 2 times today who say I need to speak to my bank, my bank I’ve done and online chat with & phone call say it’s up to PayPal as they are a bank within themselves. The company I got the glasses trial from also says to speak to PayPal. I’m getting beyond frustrated and very upset now as like most people I can’t afford to write off that sort of money without anything to show for it. Any advice very much welcomed.
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@leleg16 

When you pay a company (rather than an ebay seller or individual), then it is often pending until that company processes your order and captures the pending payment.

If they don't process that order and capture the pending payment then the pending status times out at 30 days post-payment.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.