Refund not showing

CLAIRE109
Contributor
Contributor
Hi! Long story short. I paid to go on a course with my debit card. It got cancelled due to Covid19, so I had an email saying I’m going to receive a refund to my PayPal... however I don’t have a PayPal account so I set one up using the email address that I received the email from. Today I revived an email saying my refund has all gone through but when I log into PayPal the money is not there and my balance is still £0.00. I was told to go on history to see if it’s there but because I have no transactions nothing is showing up! Can anyone help? Thankyou Thanks
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@CLAIRE109 

If you didn't have a paypal account when you paid then you did not need to set one up.

If you funded the original payment to the seller from your debit or credit card then once marked refunded it will automatically go back to that bank account or card. Paypal say allow 30 days although its normally much quicker than that, country dependent.
https://www.paypal.com/uk/smarthelp/article/FAQ1212

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.