Refund not received

khay_24
New Community Member

The refund was initiated while the debit card was not linked in my PayPal. And after that, I linked my account again hoping that the money will still go to my bank account, but it didn't.

"If you paid with a debit card, the amount is refunded to your debit card. If the refund cannot be processed to your debit card, it will be applied to your PayPal balance."

So according to the statement above, I should have received the refund in my PayPal account, since I have un-linked my bank account after I purchased an item.

What can I do now? Resolution Centre is not accessible.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Meghan

Hello @khay_24

Welcome to the PayPal Community! 

Even if you previously removed the debit card your payment was initiated with, the refund will still process back to that card. If the card issuer rejects the payment and sends it back to PayPal, that's when it would be applied to your PayPal balance. If the card issuer is going to reject the payment, we usually receive the money back in an average of 7-10 business days. 

I hope this helps! 

- Meghan 

If you found this or any other post helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution. While browsing, feel free to reply if you see a question you know the answer to. Our Community Users make the PayPal Community Forum! 
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.