Refund not found in activity

ProjectProxy
Contributor
Contributor
Hi guys, long story short a hacker got onto my account and made some unauthorised purchases over $100. I sent a support ticket and they said it was refunded to the original payment method (it came out of my debit card). One month later and it still hasn’t arrived. Strangely enough I cannot see a refund issued under activity either. I can only see that a refund was issues under the closed cases section in the detailed information part of the individual case. What’s up with this and how do I contact support without being stuck on the phone. Replying to support emails inside the notification tab isn’t working either. (I cannot afford to call I don’t have enough phone credit either until the end of the week)
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ProjectProxy

When you report a payment as unauthorised then paypal will put a hold on the funds in the recipients paypal account.

Then they check your IP number and devices to decide if your account was hacked or not as to whether you are covered by seller protection.

If it says funds were returned to the original source then normally that means back to the account the funds were on hold in ie not yours.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.