cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refund my money

Contributor

Re: Refund my money

You can try it buddy but you will be damned lucky to get anything.  I have been a paypal customer for too many years, and to be honest I no longer trust them either. you have more hope of speaking to Bob Hope, if you paid by card and you contact your bank.

Contributor

I’m in an ongoing dispute to with PayPal to refund $15.96 for an item that was purchased from a merchant using PayPal. The merchant Berrylook.com is actually located in China and the email associated with this account does not exist. The merchant sent me an item that is not as described on their website. The first offer was for a $5.00 refund which I refused. The second offer was to ship the merchandise back to China, which bears a cost of $65; that is $50 more than I paid for the item. PayPal will not issue me a full credit. I now filed a dispute with American Express requesting they do not issue a payment to PayPal. 

Contributor

I use PayPal because I thought they had your back with these issues,I was wrong.  I would use another company but I don't know of any others that do this.

Contributor

I totally agree with GregAntonie,This company is a scam

I am afraid to order anything and almost closed my PayPal account because of the CHINA COMPANIES SCAM

BEWARE of anything coming in from CHINA.

Esteemed Advisor

@saundraali 

Chinese Web Sites or on Facebook easy to spot so buyer beware.

1. No return address on the returns policy............thats because the site will look as if its in your country (where they despatch goods from) BUT they will ask for returns to go back to China (returns depot) at a shipping cost nearly always more than the item is worth.
2. No contact telephone number............if you click on contact the most you will get is webmail or an email address.
3. No company address information.
4. Great items at 'bargain' prices ie tat.

Advice is voluntarily given.
Kudos / Solution appreciated if I helped you.

The item I ordered said the company was in California. After filing the dispute I saw it was coming from China. They scammed me and never sent it keeping my $119.00. PayPal awarded in their favor because they had a Chinese tracking number that I cant even follow.

Contributor

PayPal is supporting scammers, in my case I never got the item and the big probe is a tracking number without specific info about me or my address or my sign on it. only the package was left to an individual message.  The seller promise to keep informed and never email me 

Where is the track form or at least the ticket who show my info? And when I tried to email directly to PayPal they make me go in circles but never take me to write an email 

Contributor

I have encountered exact the same situation. The seller provide a tracking which sent to the same zipcode. Paypal just closed the case. And there is no way to escalated to a human to review.

Contributor

You echo the feeling of many people, however Paypal will not listen to us, no matter what, they wanted me to pay £59.90 to send a package to China and the reply was oh its ok we will give you £15 maximum back, I am noy paying anymore out I have already lost £63.50 for a dead motherboard, the seller has blocked any emails via ebay and Paypal will do nothing till I pay for the return. Hell will freeze over first. I intend now to ask the Financial Ombudsman Service in the UK as I was given sme good information from them this afternoon. Are you in the EU ?

Hi Gerry5039,

Welcome to the PayPal community and thank you for your post. 

With these kind of claims, we would request the item to be returned and a tracking number provided from you to show the item has been delivered back to the seller. For future reference, PayPal can help you with the return cost of an item. You will find more details here.

-Donna