Refund money to my account

vynhsister
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, recently I've sent an amount of money from my credit card to another Paypal account but I wrote the wrong email so that it was refunded. But what if I want they are refunded to my balance rather than to my credit card? Because last time I wasn't able to withdraw money from my balance to my local bank account. And now, I just want to send money to another Paypal account, not ask for being refunded. Can I ask for that and how can I do that? Thank you. 

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@vynhsister 

Normally if the refund fails to transfer to your funding source then it 'should' bounce back to your paypal account balance.

Allow 14 working days and if no show back to your balance then contact customer services for a trace?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@vynhsister 

Once marked as completed it will automatically go back to your bank account or card. Paypal say allow 30 days but I have never waited longer than a week for mine, however that varies country to country.

https://www.paypal.com/vn/smarthelp/article/FAQ1212

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

vynhsister
Contributor
Contributor

The problem is that my local bank account used to not be able to withdraw money from Paypal. Therefore, I'm afraid that my refund won't be able to be back to my credit card too. So I wonder if that refund can be back to my balance or not. Thank you so much 🙂 

Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@vynhsister 

Normally if the refund fails to transfer to your funding source then it 'should' bounce back to your paypal account balance.

Allow 14 working days and if no show back to your balance then contact customer services for a trace?

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.