Refund issues to account number rather than email?

Temp20220130bc
Contributor
Contributor
I was issued a refund today, it will take some time to process so I’m hoping I have time to figure this out, it says it is refunding the money to a PayPal account ending in 4 digits. Now the original purchase was made via credit card via PayPal and the 4 digits are not the same as the last 4 digits on the card nor are they the 4 digits on any card or account registered to my PayPal and in my searches iv found that my PayPal itself doesn’t have an account number since it’s only sent money to via email. So my question is, has something been done fraudulently here where the refund has somehow been routed to someone else’s PayPal from the merchants site (ticketmaster) or does my PayPal have some mystery routing number that is being used somehow? The refund is coming from America if that makes any difference. The merchant says that the refund was was issued to the original card but as I say, the 4 digits it has sent in the refund confirmation as being the PayPal account number don’t match up to any cards on my PayPal! Anyone with any experience of this and any advice would be much appreciated!
Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.