Refund issued to a closed bank account

Bjh1982
Contributor
Contributor
I recently was refunded from a purchase i made months ago. In those months I cancelled my Wells Fargo account. Unfortunately this is where the refund was sent. The bank said it should be sent back to PayPal within 2 days. Anyone with same situation? Did it really get sent back? It’s a good amount and I’m worried. PayPal cs was not much help.
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Bjh1982 

Refunds of bank payments takes a 3-5/7 days depending on the bank's processes, plus the 2 additional days or so you were told for it to bounce back. PayPal will email you if there is an issue. If after that, nothing shows up, contact bank to see if they''ve bounced it or not and then contact PayPal to follow up.

To contact customer service for assistance:

1. Log on.
  2. Click HELP at the top menu.
  3. Scroll down and click CONTACT US.
  4. Scroll down to click CALL US or other contact options.

Call early, during business hours, west coast time to try to get a US rep. 

Or contact via social media:

Facebook (US): https://www.facebook.com/paypal

Twitter (US): @AskPayPal 

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Bjh1982 

Refunds of bank payments takes a 3-5/7 days depending on the bank's processes, plus the 2 additional days or so you were told for it to bounce back. PayPal will email you if there is an issue. If after that, nothing shows up, contact bank to see if they''ve bounced it or not and then contact PayPal to follow up.

To contact customer service for assistance:

1. Log on.
  2. Click HELP at the top menu.
  3. Scroll down and click CONTACT US.
  4. Scroll down to click CALL US or other contact options.

Call early, during business hours, west coast time to try to get a US rep. 

Or contact via social media:

Facebook (US): https://www.facebook.com/paypal

Twitter (US): @AskPayPal 

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

ugen10
New Community Member

Hey, has that refund ever bounced back to your PayPal credit? I happen to be in a similar situation.
Cheers,

Eugenio

Login to Me Too

ryanward83
New Community Member

The same has happened for me.

I purchased some tickets on a credit card in sept 2020, the gig has been cancelled and my refunded issued to the payment credit card.  This account was closed in December.  I forgot I had made this purchase using the card.  Hopefully it will be bounced back.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.