Refund issue

kristeen_79
Contributor
Contributor
I refunded payments but it still show money on hold. Since PayPal think i am a seller i click send ship without tracking and thinking will get the money on hold but i decided to refunded it but it still show money on hold,but it refunded and it say emailed to the sender Im confuse is the money refunded or not?
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@kristeen_79 

You can't refund held funds so the refund probably has come or will come out of your linked bank account.

This is also true even if the funds were released as paypal no longer return the fee you were charged when your buyer paid as part of any issued refund, so  you would have to add funds to the buyers payment of the fee amount before you could refund from your balance.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@kristeen_79 

You can't refund held funds so the refund probably has come or will come out of your linked bank account.

This is also true even if the funds were released as paypal no longer return the fee you were charged when your buyer paid as part of any issued refund, so  you would have to add funds to the buyers payment of the fee amount before you could refund from your balance.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Jmaru
New Community Member

Paypal protect the China Seller, it is unacceptable that paypal close my case, I got a wrong product and they do not care, paypal and the seller pretend from me returning the item to china in order to get my money back, crazy right! yes, I lost my money because I used paypal. I reply to the seller respond that I will not send the product back to china and you as a seller has to pay for the shipping cost, and then Paypal closed my case, and now I lost my money. this is really amazing, paypal close my case because I complain one more time, when I call customer services no body answer and no solution is made. Paypal talk about a shipping refund up to $30, and I never had access to do that, it does not work for me I tried and I never see that option, never again I will use paypal, this is my case number: PP-D-83483591

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Jmaru 

In the event of a dispute you need to bear in mind possible return trackable costs before you buy from that seller / item / country because....

Paypal state this >>
PayPal is not obliged to reimburse you for any costs that you incur to comply with any of PayPal’s requests for cooperation for the purpose of resolving the problem (including, without limitation, costs that you incur to return a SNAD item to the Payment Recipient or another party as PayPal requests), although sometimes it may reimburse these costs.

Although they will compensate you for some of the cost if you have activated this at some point before you made that transaction.
https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/FAQ3544

You also have the option to do a chargeback via your card issuer instead of a Paypal dispute if you funded your Paypal payment via a credit card.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.