Refund issue

thegabebinator
Contributor
Contributor

Need help with a refund issue. I will post the story in a reply since I cannot pass 100 characters

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

thegabebinator
Contributor
Contributor

Basically I sent this guy payments over Paypal.  Every payment made to him was stuck as "pending" for his account.  After small hundred dollar payments of troubleshooting, we finally figured out the issue with help from one of his friends at Paypal.  Turns out his bank account information was iffy and everything worked after he re-entered the information.  I sent him over $3,000 troubleshooting why the payments were being held as "pending".  Used the family friend option because I was not receiving any goods. 

His friend from Paypal resolved the issue on September 3rd, and I was told he refunded all the transactions and that it would show up in 5-7 days ( so it would have showed up in my account by Friday the 11th.)  It is now the 23rd, and has been 19 days since I was told the transactions were refunded.  I have not received any email regarding a refund or payment in my account (bank account or Paypal account).  I went back to the guy asking what was going on and he said he cant really help since the transactions don't even show up in his activity feed anymore, the last thing he said was that his friend stated that I should have received an email with the transaction id for the refund (never did).  I keep going to Paypal for help but no luck there lol. They keep looking at canceled transaction requests that the guy asked from me.  I guess my question now is if anybody knows what's going on?  Could I have been scammed all along?  I paid for all the payments with my debit card, but if it seems I have been scammed I can try to go to my bank (USAA) and see if they can charge back stuff?  Please... any help or advice is appreciated.  I am a college student, and losing over $3,000 is like having my heart ripped out from me lol..

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.