Refund if PayPal purchase was with credit card not via account?

JoeyJohn
Contributor
Contributor
Hi, Two months ago I made an online purchase via PayPal, but I just entered my credit card details, rather than logging into my account. The item has not been shipped. I’ve had emails from the selling saying shipping has been delayed and to please be patient. But when I checked the store today it was no longer online. So, my question is ... is there a way to request a refund through PayPal when the purchase isn’t linked to my account (only my credit card)? Appreciate any advice 😀
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Dhen21
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hello @JoeyJohn 

I hope you're doing well! PayPal protection is applicable to payment done through a personal PayPal account. It seems like you have completed a payment as a "guest user". Though our purchase protection is not applicable for one time guest check out, we suggest that you may reach out to your card issuer to seek assistance about this transaction as they can surely do check the best option for you.

Hope this helps, thank you for reaching out to PayPal community forum and stay safe! 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.