Refund help

Lockett28
New Community Member
I bought a vacuum from Argos last Tuesday, and paid via PayPal. I cancelled the order within an hour as I realised it didn’t come with the tools I wanted…once I cancelled the order, I received emails from both Argos and PayPal acknowledging the cancelled order, both stating I would receive the refund.. this was 7 days ago and the money is still being ‘earmarked’ in my bank account.. I have spoken to Argos and they say they issued the refund straight away and it is PayPal who is still earmarking the money.. and it can take up to 30 days! Is this a joke? I cancelled the order within an hour and I will have to wait 30 days to get the money back in my account! I know it is only earmarked, but it still affects my available funds in my bank..
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Lockett28 

When you pay a company (rather than an ebay seller or individual), then it is often pending until that company processes your order and captures the pending payment.
If they don't process that order and capture the pending payment then the pending status times out at 30 days post-payment.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.