Refund from bicycle store say completed but hasn’t reached my bank

Skypeller
New Community Member
Hi all, As the title. I bought a bike online changed my mind on the model as I realised there would be a big delay in receiving it.... the bicycle shop online emailed me saying no worries we’ve refunded you via PayPal as that’s how you paid us. Only I have been in overdraft now for over a week having purchased a bike of the same value not realising my funds haven’t cleared for the last one that’s being refunded. The state in Paypal summary says +£799 14th sept completed refund The email I had that day said the funds would go to my paypal balance but it hasn’t ..... when you click on the transaction details in Paypal it says it’s gone to my Halifax bank account - but it isn’t there! Not even showing as pending transaction on my bank. And it now been 6 days. I know Paypal say some banks might take up to 30days but I just don’t believe that these days .... how can it take 30 days everybody I’ve spoken to said it’s be upto 4 days max otherwise something’s wrong. I spoke to my bank and they said there’s nothing their side to even look at so to contact Paypal
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Skypeller 

If you funded the original Paypal payment to the seller from your bank account or a card then once marked refunded/completed it will automatically go back to that bank account or card.
Normally it can take a few days up to a week to go back to a bank account and a bit longer for a card, Paypal say allow 30 days for a card (1 billing cycle) but its rarely that long.
(Can vary according to country though).
https://www.paypal.com/uk/smarthelp/article/FAQ1212

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Skypeller 

If you funded the original Paypal payment to the seller from your bank account or a card then once marked refunded/completed it will automatically go back to that bank account or card.
Normally it can take a few days up to a week to go back to a bank account and a bit longer for a card, Paypal say allow 30 days for a card (1 billing cycle) but its rarely that long.
(Can vary according to country though).
https://www.paypal.com/uk/smarthelp/article/FAQ1212

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.