Refund from PayPal friends and family

Iordanis8
New Community Member

Hi, I am trying to buy something on Ebay kleinazaigen, and I was asked to pay with PayPal friends and family. I am already on PayPal and I know it's safe but I just wanted to know if I can get my money back in case of the deal is a fraut, if I pay and never receive it or if is not what I have been promised since this kind of transaction will be with out any invoice since is that's how ebay.kleinanzaigen works. Please answer me a.s.a.p.Thanks

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Rachael
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi Iordanis8,

Welcome to the community forum and thanks for posting. 

Personal payments are not intended for the purchase of goods or services from sellers and therefore cannot be disputed.

There are two types of payments you can send using PayPal. When you send money, you can select either a ‘Personal’ payment or a ‘Purchase’ payment option.

Personal payments can be used for the following:

• Sending a gift
  • Sharing a lunch bill
  • Paying your share of the living expenses
  • Sending money to friends and family.

As Personal payments are not for the purchase of goods, there is no buyer or seller protection offered on these transactions and as such, a buyer dispute cannot be opened.

Purchase payments are for paying for an item, such as something won on eBay. You can open claims for these payments, as they might be eligible for coverage under PayPal Buyer Protection.

I do not advise using a personal payment for the purchase you have mentioned. 

Rachael 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.