Refund - friends and family

Vixsta14
Contributor
Contributor

Hello I purchased something from someone and item never arrived. I used friends and family - stupid I know! Seller has agreed refund and says it will be with me in 24 hours. Will I receive an email notification to say it is in progress/has been sent? I paid by debit card so I know I won’t get the refund immediately. Just want to make sure it’s actually been processed, as I’ve been messed about. Thanks in advance.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Vixsta14 

since the payment is via friends and family, there is no guarantee seller will refund you because you can't dispute it as it is considered a gift payment. but if they do refund, you will receive an email confirmation, a transaction record for the refund will appear in your account activity as well as a refund transaction reference in the original transaction and refunds on payments with card will go back on your card and may take up to 30 days to complete depending on your card issuer.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Vixsta14 

since the payment is via friends and family, there is no guarantee seller will refund you because you can't dispute it as it is considered a gift payment. but if they do refund, you will receive an email confirmation, a transaction record for the refund will appear in your account activity as well as a refund transaction reference in the original transaction and refunds on payments with card will go back on your card and may take up to 30 days to complete depending on your card issuer.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Vixsta14
Contributor
Contributor
Excellent Thankyou for your quick response. Lesson learnt. Will wait for an email. Many thanks
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.