Refund for postage from returning items?

smigon
Contributor
Contributor

I returned an item to a seller and it was received 4/2/19 and on 4/4/19 PayPal emailed me and told me I was getting a full refund. When I was instigating this claim I talked with someone at PayPal and they assured me I would be reimbursed up to $30 of the postage for returning the item. How do I turn in my receipt and get my shipping refunded now? Thanks!

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @smigon and @kernowlass,

Thank you both for your posts about this. I believe that @smigon is correct, based on the terms and conditions of the Return Shipping on Us offer. It does not state that the service has to be activated before the transaction was made. It looks like smigon's successful claim filing is confirmation of that as well. 🙂

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@smigon 

As long as you have activated the 'return shipping on us' option BEFORE you made that transaction then............

After you’ve returned your item in a way that’s convenient for you, visit the refund request page within 30 days of the return ship date.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

smigon
Contributor
Contributor
Actually, you don’t have to activate it before you make the transaction. I shipped the package last Monday and I used the link you gave today, registered, and it allowed me to make a claim. You just have to register and activate within 30 days AFTER you ship to be eligible. Thank you for the link, I appreciate it!
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@smigon 

Thats odd then, because a mod posted the other day that it was not able to be claimed for transactions made before it was activated !!

Maybe they will see this post and clarify that point for us, hope you can get your postage costs back though.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too
Solved

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @smigon and @kernowlass,

Thank you both for your posts about this. I believe that @smigon is correct, based on the terms and conditions of the Return Shipping on Us offer. It does not state that the service has to be activated before the transaction was made. It looks like smigon's successful claim filing is confirmation of that as well. 🙂

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@PayPal_Olivia 

Thank you for that and thank you @smigon  for supplying the information.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

smigon
Contributor
Contributor
I received my refund yesterday, so it’s true that you can sign up after you return the item. Yay! Thanks for your help and glad we dug deeper into this, some people would have given up!
Login to Me Too

smigon
Contributor
Contributor
Thanks all!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.