Refund for a closed paypal account funded with credit card payment

Nova_Lou
Contributor
Contributor

Hi there, Can anyone out there confirm the experience about getting refund to a closed paypal account ? I closed my old account around Dec 2019 after making a purchase with my credit card and then I closed the account. Now 3 months later the vendor is going to make a refund but only via paypal (original payment method) ? DO I need to ask Paypal to reopen the old account to get my money or will the money be credited to my credit card even if it has been closed ages ago ? THank you 

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Nova_Lou 

If you funded the original payment to the seller from your bank account or a card then once marked refunded it will automatically go back to that bank account or card. Paypal say allow 30 days although its normally much quicker than that, country dependent.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Nova_Lou 

If you funded the original payment to the seller from your bank account or a card then once marked refunded it will automatically go back to that bank account or card. Paypal say allow 30 days although its normally much quicker than that, country dependent.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Nova_Lou
Contributor
Contributor
Thanks for your help
Login to Me Too

Ozzybey
Contributor
Contributor
I have a similar question, I closed my PayPal account in Sep 2019 after the purchase and now in 2021 vendor wants to refund with original payment method. My PayPal account used at that time is closed, the credit card used is also closed. Can I receive the refund through PayPal? If yes how? Thanks
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.