Refund discrepancies

Claire-Stacey
Contributor
Contributor

I've been issued a refund of 99p for item that didn't arrive (by the seller) but my PayPal balance only show 64p available to use. I want to know where the rest of the money is & how to get it back.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Claire-Stacey 

It appears that you were sent a refund as a goods and services payment instead of being refunded from within the original transaction and the payment was from a non-UK PayPal account so to receive this g&s payment, PayPal fees were assessed.

The fees total to 4.9% + 30p.  2.9% + 30p (standard rate) + 2% (cross-border non-uk account rate)

You won't be able to get the fees back unless you issue refund on that payment (which will cost you 30p) and ask seller to issue refund from within the original transaction.

Either the seller doesn't know how to properly refund or refunded in a way that is punitive for the annoyance of having to refund a measly 99p. Because it costs almost that much to receive the payment in the first place T*t for tat might be on the seller's mind.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.