Refund didn’t complete

Cheryl92
New Community Member

Hey everyone, I recently paid a contact £70. The money was sent straight to them out my bank via PayPal. 5 days later they said for some reason the money was refunded back to me. They don’t have the money anymore and I certainly did not receive it. They sent me screen shots and I sent them screen shots. I can see on my transactions a refund back to me but nothing has entered my PayPal account. She contacted PayPal apparently and told me her account is locked as it was hacked and PayPal will not do anything. PayPal messaged me advising the refund did not complete. I never asked for a refund but I think she’s trying to scam me and feel like I’m getting nowhere. £70 is a lot of money for me

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

SmittyUSN
Contributor
Contributor

I too had the exact same problem, the seller has refunded the money $125.00, that shows in PayPal, but her funding source has not been funded.  Paypal is useless in tracking the detail, the resolution center is useless, no details ever appear.  Very disappointed in Paypal after having 14 years.  The user gets the silent treatment from there end.   Ohh yeaaa the Help screen is now in Arabic by default...too funny. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.