Refund complete buy money not in my bank account

anzila
Contributor
Contributor
Paypal refunded on 11th may but money still not in my bank account.i had a chat with paypal customer service, said they had an issue with refunds on 10th/11 and has been resolve already and i will get my money soon.its been 28th may today and i havent received my money yet.is anybody having this prob??
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Michael

Hello, anzila. Thanks for taking the time to post your concern here on the PayPal Community Forum. A delay in having a refund show up in your bank account is a definite concern!

If there was a technical issue, it may take some time to sort out. I recommend continuing to watch your bank account for updates and let us know if you still don't see the funds 30 days after the refund was issued.

There's also a possibility that it's taking longer than expected due to the financial instrument that was used to fund the payment. While you mentioned the funds are not back in your bank account, was the original transaction funded via a regular bank account (checking or savings) or via a card associated with your bank account?

If a card was used, the process can be a little different since some card issuers post credits only at the next billing cycle. There may have been a misunderstanding when you chatted with a Representative, and it may be that you'll see the refund in your bank account (reflected on your statement) when your billing cycle re-sets.

No matter what, please let us know if you don't see a credit posted on your statement after 30 days from the date the refund was issued. You may contact PayPal via phone or email (by clicking Contact Us at the bottom of any page when you're logged on to your account), via Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/paypal) or via Twitter (send a DM to @AskPayPal).

I hope this information is helpful. Thanks for your patience during this time, and thank for being a part of the PayPal Community!

Sincerely,

Michael

PayPal_Michael

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.