Refund Transaction fee

weipo
New Community Member

Hello, I have sent a payment of $1118.26 to my friend, but my friend told me that there's a fees of $32.73 has been deducted, then I realized that because I sent the money from my debit card, so if I ask my friend to refund, and he did select the "refund this payment", do I get that transaction fee back? do I get $1118.26 back? or I will only going to get $1118.26-$32.73=$1085.53 back?

Thank you.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@weipo

When you send money to a friend or family member, one of three things may happen:  they may accept, decline or fail to claim the money.  If they either decline to accept the money or don’t claim it within 30 days of the date it is sent, the money (including any fees you were charged) will be refunded to:

• The original payment method you used for the transaction, if you used a credit card, debit card or PayPal Credit as the payment method, or
  • Your PayPal balance, if you used your PayPal balance as the payment method or a bank account as the payment method and we cannot refund it to your bank account.

https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/ua/useragreement-full#sending-money

If your friend has already refunded, look at the original transaction look to see the breakdown of the refunded amounts.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.