Refund Scam

bookworm2217
Contributor
Contributor

Was asked when i called a number for paypal to purchase a $100 google play gift card to be refunded for $500 from havkers trying to hack into my account. i didnt stay at the store for very long so they asked me to buy another $100 gift card and they would refund me pkus another $100 is this a scam?

Login to Me Too
9 REPLIES 9

Kmcnulty0225
Contributor
Contributor
I also had the same . They redeemed my google play gift card balance. Is there a way I can get refund ?
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Kmcnulty0225

@bookworm2217

Paypal does not post their telephone number on this forum HOWEVER scammers do and whilst when they are spotted the threads are removed unfortunately some slip through.

The only way to get the GENUINE paypal number is to click help / contact bottom of paypal pages and use the 'call us' option.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Myvintagereborn
Contributor
Contributor
Same thing just happen to me! Where and how do you get a refund?
Login to Me Too

Kmcnulty0225
Contributor
Contributor
I haven’t received a refund . I’m not sure on how to go about that . I don’t know if they can or not
Login to Me Too

Sammilinn
Contributor
Contributor
Same thing happened to me and I’m so mad @ myself that money I’ve save so hard for college and now they took it but they promised me a refund through the whole process but they keep delaying it saying miss there’s an issue and keep demanding for payment but only through google play cards. They claim to be from yahoo tech support and I’ve believed them CSU’s Will was the one who called them
Login to Me Too

Grandmom1968
Had a similar scam but they used CashNetUSA and Loan thing and eBay gift cards said they had a deal going on with eBay ...
Login to Me Too

IGotRobbed2
New Community Member
I’m in complete shock. I was scammed out of $5600... I feel SO stupid!!!
Login to Me Too

Fatima03
Contributor
Contributor

Happened to me today! $2300! Did you get a refund yet?

Login to Me Too

Sammilinn
Contributor
Contributor
Same these people claim to be “yahoo tech support” scammed me of $1650 that was all for college and they promised a refund but I still haven’t gotten it and now they’re asking for $200 more cause to reach the minimum that they’re company can refund and it’s through google play cards
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.