Refund Pending

hamim22345
Contributor
Contributor
I purchased a gpu on may 27 and paid with paypal which was linked with my bank debit card details. I payed the seller and i was watching for his reply. He then replied after 1 day as he was qurentined because of covid 19. He says that he has cancelled the order and i should get a refund within next few business days. So i wait and i receive an email from paypal saying The money has been refunded to your PayPal balance. It will be made available on or around April 1, 2020. But it is still on pending and my bank is still not showing any refund from the seller. What should i do. Ebay also sended me an email today saying the seller cancelled the order and i have two options 1) did i order it 2) the order was cancelled and i received a refund but the thing is the refund is still in pending what should i do ?
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@hamim22345 

Arrival times of issued refunds vary according to original funding source used:

- Bank payments, 3-5 or 5-7 days, depending on your bank. 

- Cards, about a week, up to 30 days depending on your issuing card. 

- PayPal balance, fairly instant. 

- Split payments between PayPal balance and card/bank, see above.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@hamim22345 

Arrival times of issued refunds vary according to original funding source used:

- Bank payments, 3-5 or 5-7 days, depending on your bank. 

- Cards, about a week, up to 30 days depending on your issuing card. 

- PayPal balance, fairly instant. 

- Split payments between PayPal balance and card/bank, see above.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

hamim22345
Contributor
Contributor
So i have used debit card to purchase and the seller refunded using paypal balance but its on pending shouldn't it arrive like really soon ? Although its been 5 days. So i should wait right ?
Login to Me Too

MichaelDj12
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi, 

Yes, you have to wait for the refund. 

And for your reference if you paid with your:

• Credit card (including PayPal Credit): your refund will go to your credit card. It may take up to 30 days for the refund amount to appear on your card statement. If the card was canceled or you paid with a prepaid card, contact the card issuer to access your refund. The money will still be sent to this card account.
  • Bank account: your refund will initially go back to the PayPal balance before being auto swept back to the original funding source (bank). It may take up to 5 business days for the refund amount to appear on your bank account. If a refund is issued shortly after you paid, we'll try to cancel the transaction so you're never charged. If we're unable to cancel the transaction, the refund will be processed and sent to your bank account.
  • Debit card: your refund will go to your debit card. It may take up to 30 days for the refund amount to appear on your card statement. If the refund can't be applied to your debit card, it'll be sent to your PayPal account.  

https://www.paypal.com/ca/smarthelp/article/where-is-my-refund-faq1212?app=searchAutoComplete

Login to Me Too

hamim22345
Contributor
Contributor
Hi guys 👋 i got the refund it just took 2 days more to show on my bank 😀. Thanks for all the replies!!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.